I'm fortunate in that I don't need my IRA or Roth for income.  I retired in 2013 and went to a capital preservation model intending to spend on travel, charities and big ticket items.  I also have 5 years of income in emergency funds.  I'm 69 and have no debts or heirs. What's the best way to draw down the IRA to put into my spending accounts. Is a monthly distribution better than a one time yearly.  Or should I convert some to my Roth?

2 hours ago, lausdfred said:

I'm fortunate in that I don't need my IRA or Roth for income.  I retired in 2013 and went to a capital preservation model intending to spend on travel, charities and big ticket items.  I also have 5 years of income in emergency funds.  I'm 69 and have no debts or heirs. What's the best way to draw down the IRA to put into my spending accounts. Is a monthly distribution better than a one time yearly.  Or should I convert some to my Roth?

What is the reason for wanting to move assets from your IRA to your spending account, if you don't need the income?  I would just convert traditional to Roth to the top of your current tax bracket, if you are in a lower bracket.