Sign in to follow this  
tony

Periodic performance chart 2020

76a3f2eb-5319-46be-ab3e-dd8ff2103f6c.pdf

Always a popular chart, this chart shows this year's best asset class for performance. As you can see you must diversify to capture market returns because winning categories fluctuate yearly.  Seems like a strong 2020  year across the board  except for real estate and cash. If that trend reverses we may be in for a rougher ride years to come invested in stocks. But, who really knows. Never would have expected this past year to have been a good one.

Wishing all of you a Covid -19 free 2021

Tony

Krow  thanks for posting the link. It was hard to get it to link as a PDF on this forum but it does now open for me so maybe it opens now?

Comparing 2019 with 2020, it would seem that my performance should have been better in 2019 especially since this January I added more to bonds but strangely it seems to me I made more money this past year instead 2019. Can't explain it.

4 hours ago, tony said:

Krow  thanks for posting the link. It was hard to get it to link as a PDF on this forum but it does now open for me so maybe it opens now?

Comparing 2019 with 2020, it would seem that my performance should have been better in 2019 especially since this January I added more to bonds but strangely it seems to me I made more money this past year instead 2019. Can't explain it.

It still doesn't open for me. The Callan Table is GREAT! I can't help looking for a "trend", and end up concluding again that Total Stock Market Index fund makes the most sense.

My Excel spreadsheets says we increased 11.1% in 2020 and 12.9% in 2019. I'm not surprised because stock were up about 20% in 2020 and about 30% in 2019. We were about 40/60 in 2019 but it's crept up this year and I may do some rebalancing.