Admin

Closing Discussion Board 12.14.21

Hey All,

Given the popularity of the 403bwise Facebook Group we will be closing this Discussion Board on 12.14.21. It was a difficult decision as this Forum has been a space for the sharing of so much excellent information since 2003! We just don't have the capacity to monitor both the FBG and this forum. We are no fans of Facebook (or Meta) but FB Groups allows to control who is allowed in. Plus it is (currently) devoid of political and advertising content. We were skeptical about using FBG two years ago when we relaunched 403bwise as a non-profit. Frankly, we have been blow away by how popular our FB Group has been (5,400+ members as of today). So much excellent information has been shared there. We hope to see all of you on the FBG in the future. Thank you again. - Dan  

This has been a wonderful resource and I"ve learned so much.  I don't love FB but if you want to reach folks, especially those starting out maybe needing the most assistance, then I guess FB is the way to go.  You certainly have a good number of involved folks there.

I hope you'll archive and maybe link to some/all of the great experiences shared on these pages.

I'll continue to follow on FB.

And always, thank you for ALL the hard work you've ALL done over the years--Scott, Dan, Steve (I hope I remember correctly) and the knowledgeable and helpful frequent responders from across the country. 

While it took awhile (and back when you couldn't contribute directly to Vanguard) the information on this board, and from the Bogleheads, supported me as I insisted on rolling over all my 403b7 and 457 funds when I retired (lots of arguments from my required 403b provider--I hated them!).  Along with understanding the value of index funds, it was the best move ever.

Kudos to all the younger folks who are learning about this through the FBG. 

This is terrible news. I have learned much from the discussion board over the years. I will not do business with Facebook nor do I think should you. I'm very disappointed.

Appreciate the honest feedback. In terms of Facebook Ethics (oxymoron?) this was a very tough call. Our hope is that a better, more ethical platform that is popular with teachers emerges. Steve M., we hope that you will still visit 403bwise.org. Always feel free to email me direct at dan@403bwise.org