makouri

Vendors

Hello old friends,

after a 2 year leave from teaching, I am back....and rested....and investing. I have already maxed out the 403 and have since learned my district is offering the 457. Unfortunately, neither Vanguard nor Fidelity are options for me. Here is a list and I thought I would ask for advice/feedback:

1. American funds

2. AXA

3. Kemper

4. Metlife

I have already eliminated Valic from my choices as well as Paradigm (prudential). There are a couple local vendors but in my estimation they would have more fees.

Any feedback is appreciated. Hope all is well for everyone.

Mike Akouri

Novi,MI

Hey Mike,

Welcome back. Go to 403bcompare to get information. On the right hand side select "Find a vendor" and then search each of the products you listed. I don't believe you can find info on Kemper here. Instead go to their site.

Dan Otter

I would go with American Funds A shares - there is an upfront commission, but the fees ongoing are much more reasonable than probably anything else. You might want to check out Metlife's offering, occasionally they come up with something decent.

ScottyD

seems like all I'm running into are annuity options left and right. I know the limit is significantly less and it is after tax dollars but I am thinking of just going with a Roth with Vanguard as opposed to annuities in the 457.

Again, any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.